MacKenzie Optometric – A Family Tradition
Our Listowel clinic was started in 1950 by Dr. Ken MacKenzie. He had come to Listowel to play baseball in 1947 and returned to town after graduating from Optometry school at the University of Toronto in 1950. Dr. Ken moved the office to its present location in 1977. His son, Dr. Rod MacKenzie graduated in 1981 from the School of Optometry, University of Waterloo. Dr. Rod practiced in Kitchener for 2 years before returning to join his father in 1983.
In January 2009, we were fortunate to be joined by Dr. Krista Wheildon who had graduated from the University of Waterloo, School of Optometry in 2004. Both Dr. MacKenzie and Dr. Wheildon are certified in the Treatment and Management of Ocular Disease and regularly participate in continuing education. The goal of Dr. Ken MacKenzie was to provide excellence in eye care to all his patients – today, our clinic continues his vision, offering the very best in care and services to our patients.